Jan 22 @9pm
The SpellBreakers are a 6-piece neo-swing band with a focus on producing original music. An all-star cast of Bay Area natives that have been in the scene for years, the SpellBreakers are fronted by vocalist Sevon Caneri, and features Mike Parykaza on trumpet, Rachel Levinson on baritone saxophone, Dan Barnes on electric guitar, Jacob Freedman on bass guitar, and Michael Dallara on drums.
The WOODCHOPPER’S BALL
The Woodchopper’s Ball, named after the classic 1939 swing tune by the Woody Herman Orchestra (and their biggest hit!), is a weekly Tuesday swing
dance event held at the beautiful historic Verdi Club in San Francisco. Brought to you by Hep Jen and Ken Watanabe, long-time regular instructors and organizers at San Francisco’s Lindy in the Park.
- Live Music Dance Party: 9:00-11:30pm, with a different band each week. $10 admission (monthly students free!), all ages.
- Drop-In Basic Swing Dance Lesson: 9:00-9:15pm, included with Dance Party admission! Perfect for complete beginners (no partner required)!
- Monthly Beginning and Intermediate LINDY HOP and BALBOA Classes: 7:00-9:00pm. Fun, friendly, and featuring some of San Francisco’s most experienced swing dance instructors! Register online here.
- Full Bar & Lounge: 7:30pm-closing (21+ only). Enjoy a classic cocktail in the swanky, newly renovated lounge!
- 2,500-sq-ft Dance Floor: Large, beautiful, hardwood dance floor with plenty of room to swing out!
|7:00-8:00pm||Intermediate Monthly Lindy Hop Class
Intermediate Monthly Balboa Class (upstairs)
|7:30pm-closing||Full Bar & Lounge Open (21+ only)|
|8:00-9:00pm||Beginning Monthly Lindy Hop Class
Beginning Monthly Balboa Class (upstairs)
|9:00-9:15pm||Drop-In Basic Swing Dance Lesson (for complete beginners)|
|9:00-11:30pm||Live Music Dance Party|