Mitch Woods & His Rocket 88’s have been the torchbearers of a great American blues musical heritage for over three decades. Taking their inspiration from the great jump & boogie outfits and swingin’ little big bands of the 1940s and ’50s, and adding a healthy dose of New Orleans rhythm and blues, pile-drivin’ piano, and some of Woods’ own contemporary playful lyrics, they breathe fresh life into the music that gave birth to rock’n’roll. Don’t miss this National Blues Hall of Fame inductee and his hard-swingin’ band!
The WOODCHOPPER’S BALL
The Woodchopper’s Ball, named after the classic 1939 swing tune by the Woody Herman Orchestra (and their biggest hit!), is a weekly Tuesday swing dance event held at the beautiful historic Verdi Club in San Francisco. Brought to you by Hep Jen and Ken Watanabe, long-time regular instructors and organizers at San Francisco’s Lindy in the Park.
- Live Music Dance Party: 9:00-11:30pm, with a different band each week. $10 admission (monthly students free!), all ages.
- Drop-In Basic Swing Dance Lesson: 9:00-9:15pm, included with Dance Party admission! Perfect for complete beginners (no partner required)!
- Monthly Beginning and Intermediate LINDY HOP and BALBOA Classes: 7:00-9:00pm. Fun, friendly, and featuring some of San Francisco’s most experienced swing dance instructors! Register online here.
- Full Bar & Lounge: 7:30pm-closing (21+ only). Enjoy a classic cocktail in the swanky, newly renovated lounge!
- 2,500-sq-ft Dance Floor: Large, beautiful, hardwood dance floor with plenty of room to swing out!
|7:00-8:00pm||Intermediate Monthly Lindy Hop Class
Intermediate Monthly Balboa Class (upstairs)
|7:30pm-closing||Full Bar & Lounge Open (21+ only)|
|8:00-9:00pm||Beginning Monthly Lindy Hop Class
Beginning Monthly Balboa Class (upstairs)
|9:00-9:15pm||Drop-In Basic Swing Dance Lesson (for complete beginners)|
|9:00-11:30pm||Live Music Dance Party|