Gunhild Carling, Sweden’s Queen of Swing, is a force of nature. Whether she’s singing, playing trombone, accordion, flute, bass, bagpipes, or three trumpets simultaneously, this Jazz vocalist, multi-instrumentalist, and powerhouse entertainer knows how to swing! A special guest artist at the internationally attended Frankie 100 birthday celebration in NYC in May 2014, don’t miss your chance to see her locally in San Francisco as she teams up with Clint Baker and others to bring you an epic evening of Trad jazz music and dance!
The WOODCHOPPER’S BALL
The Woodchopper’s Ball, named after the classic 1939 swing tune by the Woody Herman Orchestra (and their biggest hit!), is a weekly Tuesday swing dance event held at the beautiful historic Verdi Club in San Francisco. Brought to you by Hep Jen and Ken Watanabe, long-time regular instructors and organizers at San Francisco’s Lindy in the Park.
- Live Music Dance Party: 9:00-11:30pm, with a different band each week. $10 admission (monthly students free!), all ages.
- Drop-In Basic Swing Dance Lesson: 9:00-9:15pm, included with Dance Party admission! Perfect for complete beginners (no partner required)!
- Monthly Beginning and Intermediate LINDY HOP and BALBOA Classes: 7:00-9:00pm. Fun, friendly, and featuring some of San Francisco’s most experienced swing dance instructors! Register online here.
- Full Bar & Lounge: 7:30pm-closing (21+ only). Enjoy a classic cocktail in the swanky, newly renovated lounge!
- 2,500-sq-ft Dance Floor: Large, beautiful, hardwood dance floor with plenty of room to swing out!
|7:00-8:00pm||Intermediate Monthly Lindy Hop Class
Intermediate Monthly Balboa Class (upstairs)
|7:30pm-closing||Full Bar & Lounge Open (21+ only)|
|8:00-9:00pm||Beginning Monthly Lindy Hop Class
Beginning Monthly Balboa Class (upstairs)
|9:00-9:15pm||Drop-In Basic Swing Dance Lesson (for complete beginners)|
|9:00-11:30pm||Live Music Dance Party|