Rob Reich Swings Left, led by pianist, accordionist, and composer Rob Reich, plays jazz music for dancing, rooted in the classic swing era of the late 1930s. Featuring classic arrangements of Benny Goodman, Duke Ellington, Count Basie, and Artie Shaw, “Swings Left” branches off from there and also features Rob Reich’s original music in the same classic style, combining hot rhythms with a cool sensibility. (More info at Rob Reich Music!)
The WOODCHOPPER’S BALL
The Woodchopper’s Ball, San Francisco’s swing hot spot, is a weekly Tuesday night swing dance event held at the historic Verdi Club in San Francisco’s Mission district. Named after the classic 1939 swing tune by the Woody Herman Orchestra (and their biggest hit!), it features monthly classes, a full bar (21+ only), and a dance party with a drop-in lesson and the largest variety of live swing dance music in town!
- Live Music Dance Party: 9:00-11:30pm, with a different band each week. $10 admission (monthly students free!), all ages.
- Drop-In Basic Swing Dance Lesson: 9:00-9:15pm, included with Dance Party admission! Perfect for complete beginners (no partner required)!
- Monthly Beginning and Intermediate LINDY HOP and BALBOA Classes: 7:00-9:00pm. Fun, friendly, and featuring some of San Francisco’s most experienced swing dance instructors! Register online here.
- Full Bar & Lounge: 7:30pm-closing (21+ only). Enjoy a classic cocktail in the swanky, newly renovated lounge!
- 2,500-sq-ft Dance Floor: Large, beautiful, hardwood dance floor with plenty of room to swing out!
|7:00-8:00pm||Intermediate Monthly Lindy Hop Class
Intermediate Monthly Balboa Class (upstairs)
|7:30pm-closing||Full Bar & Lounge Open (21+ only)|
|8:00-9:00pm||Beginning Monthly Lindy Hop Class
Beginning Monthly Balboa Class (upstairs)
|9:00-9:15pm||Drop-In Basic Swing Dance Lesson (for complete beginners)|
|9:00-11:30pm||Live Music Dance Party|